During Techtextil on June 21-24, 2022 in Frankfurt/Germany, the provider of specialty chemicals, sustainable solutions and services for the global textile industry Rudolf celebrated its 100th birthday.
Since 1922, Rudolf GmbH, Geretsried/Germany, offers a wide portfolio of specialty chemicals aiming to increase innovation and sustainability along the entire value chain, from fiber to finish.
Over the past 18 months, Rudolf has introduced a number of ground-breaking ingredient innovations and initiatives that fall under the umbrella wings of Aspirational Chemistry, an emerging generation of even more enlightened chemistry that moves the overall environmental bar to a much higher level.
Alongside its entire range of responsible chemistry, at Techtextil, 4 new product initiatives and 1 system solution were presented:Bio-Logic
- Performance products with bio-carbon at core. Textile functionality is ensured through natural, renewable raw materials that are neither chemically nor genetically modified and that are not competing as food, feed or fuel.Cycle-Logic
- A new path: the upcycling of post-consumer, disposable and non-returnable plastics into valuable textile chemistry. Recycled PET bottles are now raw
material for the manufacturing of some of our textile auxiliaries without attacking new, virgin resources.Pristine
- Hygiene and freshness from continuous R&D advances. Rudolf’s new ingredient brand that groups all high-performing technologies for textile hygiene, protection and freshness.Bionic finish Eco
- An idea borrowed from nature. Based on proprietary dendrimer technology, an extended family of unique fluorine-free DWR formulations suited for different materials and designed for different applications and needs was presented.New system solutionEco-Logic
- Two-steps process designed and managed by Rudolf’s specialists in textile process chemistry. It simulates, analyses and measures the environmental impact of a given industrial textile process to then provide insights into the optimization of resources, costs and CO2 emissions.
»Rudolf is reputed for some of its pioneering innovations, such as Bionic-Finish Eco, a fluorine-free durable water repellency. 100 years of history have taught us that the efforts of our R&D must also be aimed to set a direction for the entire industry. «