The fluid-application systems of Weko Weitmann & Konrad GmbH & Co. KG, Leinfelden-Echterdingen/Germany, are known for low add moisture management and softener solutions in textile industry.
In technical textiles and nonwovens the company applies diverse functions to surfaces with encapsulated Pro-Tec system to create a safe working environment by using harmful substances.
The worldwide textile production is suffering from immense cost pressure and is driven by using high volumes of fresh water, energy and chemicals with comparatively slow production speeds. Weko, together with its partners Lilienweiss Textile Services GmbH,
Remshalden/Germany, Textilchemie Dr. Petry GmbH, Reutlingen/Germany, and Archroma, Basle/Switzerland, has developed new processing concepts creating sustainable, cost-efficient dyeing and finishing processes.
The benefits of Weko-Neo fluid application systems for denim yarn dyeing are:
• non-stop change over (topping)
• no tailing
• raised product fastness
• wide variety of colors and effects achievable
• reduced reddish (Indigo / sulfur dyeing)
• less no. of dye bathes needed
• stable and precise production
• no generation of dye bath waste
• reduction of energy costs thanks to short drying times and economical use of the application medium.
Weko-Neo could be placed on any section of a slasher dyeing range. It means in the pretreatment or preparation area, dyeing, wash off or after-treatment area. Also the number or applicators is unlimited. Use it for topping, bottoming, color-denim, black-denim, fixation, hydrogen peroxide or others.
The benefits in textile finishing are:
• up to 80% reduced pick-up
• no material contact (no stress)
• up to 50% less drying energy
• raising line speed also on heavy textiles up to 270%
• saving up to 70% water and waste
• one or both side application
• adjustable penetration level
Weko-Nep could be installed on the stenter frame entrance or exit. A wide range of applications could be done e.g. fixation, resin and flat finish, luster or brilliance, grip modification, softener, tinting and over-dying.
Further advantages concerning the working environment are:
• protection of the health of employees, as no harmful aerosols escape
• no nuisance from unpleasant odors
• safety at the workplace, as there is no contamination of the environment by slippery substances.
Beside Weko-Neo, Weko-Sigma and Weko-Protec offer diverse solutions. Another sustainable and waste reducing technology for textile processing is Weko Cut-it. Textiles, specially knitting fabrics, need to be cut at the selvedge to obtain a strait and regular side for a parallel roll and perfect doubling. Depending on the required processes, some fabrics need to be cut several times (2 or 3 times). To reduce this waste and on the other hand increase the material output, Weko has developed the cutting system Cut-it 2.0. With special fabric guiding, de-curling and stabilization solutions, the cut selvedge can be reduce up to 80 % compared to common cutting systems.