The coated CoreCoat yarns from Recytex GmbH & Co. KG, Viersen/Germany, were initially developed as effect yarns for flat-woven fabrics for the automotive industry.
By using thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU), the coated yarns have very good lightfastness and ageing stability, as well as a very good rub fastness. In comparison to monofilaments, the textile character of the fabrics is preserved.
Besides the TPU, other materials such as PE, PP, TPE and PVC can be used, depending on the customer-specific requirements
CoreCoat can be used for
- weaving (automotive seats, carpet, indoor and outdoor furniture, architecture, narrow strip fabric),
- tufting (carpets),
- knitting (seat covers),
- stitching (seat covers),
- braiding (indoor and outdoor furniture),
- special use (cable industry, heating technology, fender strips).
Depending on the area of application these properties can be adjusted:
- light fastness at high temperatures – automotive (also transparent yarns and light colors),
- fogging – automotive,
- chemical resistance,
- abrasion resistance,
- PVC-free, no softening agents,
- flammability (FMVSS 302, B1, B2, M1),
- resistance to weathering,
- softness (cellular rubber character),
- various haptics.
CoreCoat is available as either a yarn or a finished fabric.
Plastics used are PE, PP, TPU, TPE, PVC and other thermoplastics.
Yarn counts are 0.45-3.70 mm or 1,500-130,000 dtex.
Beside the standard color palette, customer-specific colors are also available. The surface is colored (matte and gloss), transparent (matte and gloss), noctilucent, translucent and retroflective.
The core yarn is polyester, also high strength, monofilament, glass yarn, wire, etc.