On July 8, 1905, Johann Georg Conzelmann, his 2 sons Karl and Jakob, Jakob Schmid, the brothers Johann Georg and Johannes Mayer, Emil Schweikhofer and Johannes Neher signed a record in the Commercial Register, reading "Vereinigte Mechanische Werkstätten Mayer & Cie
. With the then 20 employees in the year of foundation, a diverse range of products such as sewing machines and bicycles was manufactured. The list of repair works was even wider, also including heating systems and circular looms. As proprietary products, the latter soon became a commercial success. Only in the thirties, they had to make way for circular knitting machines, today’s successful signature product. In the meantime, Mayer & Cie. GmbH & Co. KG, Albstadt/Germany, with 340 employees in Albstadt-Tailfingen and around 450 employees worldwide, is now one of the market leaders in the field of circular knitting machines. Its share of the global circular knitting machine market is around 15-20 %.