Nominations for the recognition of excellence in the textile industry are now being accepted by The American Association of Textile Chemists and Colorists (AATCC), Research Triangle Park, NC/USA. Anyone may nominate a deserving colleague or themselves for the following awards:
- The Olney Medal recognizes outstanding achievement in textile or polymer chemistry or other fields of chemistry of major importance to textile science.
- The Chapin Award recognizes senior individual (professional) members who have dedicated 20 or more years of continuous service to the Association are eligible for nomination.
- Awarded every 3 years, the Millson Award for Invention 2021 is the next opportunity to nominate an inventor or inventors who impacted the textile, fiber, polymer, and medical industries. Nominees need not be AATCC members. Group and posthumous nominations are also welcome.
- The Technical Committee on Research (TCR) Service Award recognizes up to 2 Senior Individual (Professional) members, with at least 5 years of continuous membership in AATCC, who have contributed outstanding technical service to the Association through activity in a research committee.
- Young professionals in the fields of textiles, apparel, and related material sciences are eligible for recognition as the future leaders of the Association. Future Leaders Award nominees must be members of AATCC, 39 years of age or younger, and exhibit leadership skills.
- The Education Award recognizes those members who have contributed extensively to the educational activities of AATCC.
- AATCC Student Chapter Faculty Advisors who actively work to ensure their AATCC student chapters are active and growing can be nominated for the Faculty Advisor Award.
Nominations close March 31, 2021
For further information: www.aatcc.org/about/awards