The international nonwovens community came together again in Geneva/Switzerland on April 18-21, 2023, for Index23. 610 exhibitors from 43 countries were showcasing their innovations to more than 12,000 visitors from over 100 countries. This represented a significant increase in exhibitors compared with 2021 and is a clear indication that the entire nonwovens industry is back in business.
The IndexLab, an exchange hub displaying samples from innovations and new developments, also showcased the winners and runners up from each of the 5 categories of the Index Innovation Award. Open to any member company of the international association serving the nonwovens and related industries, Edana, Brussels/Belgium or exhibitor at Index23, the winners were announced on the first day of the exhibition during a dedicated ceremony at the Edana stand.
The winners are:
- Nonwoven roll goods: Suominen
– Hydraspun Circula nonwovens
- Finished products made from, or incorporating nonwovens: Henkel – Smart Adult Care
- Raw materials or components of special relevance to the nonwovens industry and related converted products: Fiberpartner – BicoBio
- Innovation in machinery of special relevance to the nonwovens industry: Curt G. Joa, Inc. – ESC-8
- Sustainable products: Sparkle Innovations – SugaFluff
There was also a full program of side events: Exhibitor Product Presentations from 33 exhibitors; a series of informative seminars covering a myriad of topics including medical nonwovens, sustainability, circular economy, geosynthetics, textiles, mobility, fair trade, gender equity, innovation, and market trends; country-specific briefings offering insights into the nonwovens market in various regions around the world; and a nonwovens tutorial intended as an induction to nonwovens for those new to the industry. These topics were all presented by leading industry experts and guest speakers, including among others, the World Trade Organization (WTO).
The next edition, the Index26 will be held in Geneva/Switzerland, from April 21-24, 2026.