The international association serving the nonwovens and related industries, Edana, Brussels/Belgium, has elected 5 new governors and confirmed the team of officers for 2021-22. Mikael Staal Axelsen (Fibertex, Aalborg/Denmark) remains as Chair, supported by continuing Vice-Chairs Åsa Johansson (Essity, Gothenburg/Sweden) and David Lamb (Nonwovenn Ltd., Bridgwater/UK) and Treasurer Giorgio Mantovani (Corman, Milan/Italy). Announced at Edana’s recent online Annual Strategic Review and AGM, the newly elected board begin their term on July 1, 2021.
The following governors were elected as new board members:
• Cédric Ballay (CEO, PFNonwovens, Prague/Czech Repiublic)
• Jürgen Eizinger (Vice President (VP) of Global Business Management Nonwovens Division, Lenzing/Austria)
• Omar Hoek (Executive VP Engineered Papers, SWM, Luxembourg)
• Achim Schalk (Executive VP & General Manager HHS EMEIA, Berry Global, Aschersleben/Germany)
• Michael Trinkaus (Director R&D and Application Engineering, Mondi, Gronau/Germany).
The team of officers is reinforced by executive governors, co-opted by the board: Thorsten Habeck, Ulrich Hornfeck, Krzysztof D. Malowaniec, Jörg Ortmeier and Mark A. Thornton.
At the AGM, special thanks were extended to Frantisek Klaska (PFNonwovens), who is leaving the Edana Board of Governors after 20 years.